Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall Update

I'm about a month into throwing for the new season, and things are progressing nicely. I eased into training pretty slowly this year, because I think jumping back in too fast is what caused some injuries last fall. The main emphasis of my throwing has been on developing my technique, and eliminating some flaws I've had in the past. For this reason I've only been throwing 16lb and lighter hammers. I feel I've made some good progress over the last month, and I'm just starting to add some heavy hammers. My training distances have had decent conversions between weights so far. Here are my season bests for the first month:

6k- 70m (0nly threw one day early on)
14lb- 70m
16lb- 65m
18lb- 58m

I've set a variety of goals to achieve by Christmas, some related to strength, some related to technique, and some related to throwing distance. I'll elaborate on how those are going later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment